Essential Tools & Tips for Singing Group Leaders
An online intensive day training for singing-group-leader wannabees,
newbees and ‘old-handers’ alike.
Led by Delia Rosenboom NVN, ATI, experienced singing workshop leader,
Alexander Technique teacher and Mind-Body coach.
Whether new to running singing groups, looking for guidance and support, or an ‘old-hander’ looking for new ideas and inspiration, this could be the workshop for you! A practical and experiential day packed full of time-tested tips, tools and teaching skills to equip you to effectively run happy, successful singing workshops and choirs. This workshop is usually taught as part of a longer workshop which has been adapted into a series of zoom workshops… Please consider complimenting this day by also attending: the ‘Warm-Ups’ workshop, ‘Exploring Breath Workshop’ , or the ‘Finding Vocal Freedom & Ease’ workshop .
Material will include exploring ways of:
- Keeping the whole group engaged the whole time
- Teaching challenging words or melodies quickly and easily by ear
- Lessen the time it takes to learn a song
- Using rhythm as the foundation of a song
- Experiencing cross rhythms in the body, to make sense of a song (2/3, 4/5, 7/8 rhythms…)
- Pacing (teaching slower to learn faster!), repetition and hand signing
- Ensuring the group feel that they ‘can do it’ / ‘get it’ easily, without effort
- Empower participants to replace old inhibitions and negative singing associations with confidence and joy.
- Playful distractions to deal with ‘old stuff’ around singing And more…
This material has grown out of 25 years’ experience of running choirs and singing groups and is underpinned by decades of both teaching the Alexander Technique and working with Ta Ke Ti Na – a body-centred rhythm method. Material will be taught through discussion, practical demonstrations, experiential work, application of material to songs bought by participants; observation and feedback…
Cost & Bookings:
Full Cost: £105. Sliding Scale: £40-£105
(If financially challenged, please reflect honestly on what you can afford to pay for this workshop, and adjust the payment button as needed.)
For payments by bank transfer, contact Delia for BACS details and email to say you have booked!
You will be emailed a copy of the workshop recording via ‘We Transfer’ (do check your spam box for these!), to download and save to your computer.
Any questions, email email@example.com
Enquiries: Delia 01342 825031 or firstname.lastname@example.org